Friday, April 9, 2010

The BEST team EVER!

Geoffrey loves Sports. All sports. Me-not so much. Since I've known him, he has been encouraging me to choose a sports team. Any Sport, any team. He thinks if I choose a team I will learn to love sports. I played with the idea of making the Golden State Warriors my team. I really enjoyed watching them play against the Jazz. But it just didn't feel right.

Last week we were in Fanzz and I did it... I chose a team.

And I chose the team because of this awesome Hat. Probably not the way he wanted me to choose a team- but look at how cute the hat is. I never like hats on me- but this one is awesome!

So I've been doing some research about my new favorite team. The research started with watching this movie...

and then asking Geoffrey everything he knows. Here is what I learned:

My new favorite player is David Ortiz- Nickname: Big Papi.

Doesn't he look like such a thoughtful man in this picture?


The Red Sox play at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. It opened in 1912, and is the oldest Major League Baseball stadium currently in use. How COOL is that?

It is well known for the Green Monster. Which is the nickname of the thirty-seven foot, two-inch (11.3 m) high left field wall.


I also learned that I now Hate the NY Yankees! BOO!


So far my team is down 2-1. But I know they have it in them to win the World Series this year!


GO RED SOX!

7 comments:

Rick and Collette said...

Boston Stinks!!! Boo!!:) We are huge New York Yankee fans at our house, especially Rick being from New York and all. We are the defending world champs! I seriously think you picked the wrong team to be a fan of. I am not sure if we can still be friends.:)

Matt and Amanda said...

I love this post! It made me laugh. I like how you picked your team- I'd do it the same way. Loved it! Go Redsox!! :) (Matt is a New York fan because of his mission there.. so I can't let him see this) :)

Lindsey said...

I love this post! Glad you finally picked a team and found out all that info about them. I laughed out loud when you said you were INFORMED that you now hate the Yankees. You can also love the Boston Red Socks because of their name. I'm a little biased since that's my SON's name! :)This really was funny!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Ha ha I LOVE it!! My team was the Cincinnati Reds because they were the only team I knew anything about (Brian's favorite in high school). But after reading your good reasoning...I'll join you with the Boston Red Sox as my favorite! : ) Miss ya!

bernie said...

Jane loves Boston. Truth be told, I think our vacation to DC was planned around when the Sox were in town to play the Washington Nationals!! Fun game. Of course Boston won!

The Hills Family said...

Ha ha Ha! I love this! Good choice of team! And yes..... I think the hat is really cute too!

Emilee said...

many years ago, I was dating a kid who loved the red socks (before drew), and he made me memorize thier batting order!