Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Camping Trip

Our first camping trip this summer was to Palasades to celebrate my moms birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! Somehow I didn't end up with a picture of her- But here's her Cake!


The best part was that Walmart less than 15 minutes away. I think in the 3 days we were there we went 3 times. We had some serious tent drama while we were there. Our tent from last year was broken. Remember this post? So we stopped at walmart on the way up to buy a new tent. By the end of the camping trip, we ended up exchanging tents 2 more times to find that wasn't broken. Gotta love Walmart.

On top of buying a new tent, we had to buy a massive tarp to cover it, because it rained 95% of the time we were there.
We spent a lot of time hanging out in the trailer to avoid the rain. One of the best parts of the whole camping trip was the Food. Jeremy is an amazing camp cook!


I LOVE Chicken Kabobs!


On Saturday it stopped raining for a few hours so we hurried out on the lake in our paddle boat. I let Geoffrey do all the paddling while I sat back and enjoyed the water and the sun.


Besides that, we spent a lot time playing with these 2 cute girls! Kaitlyn and I spent a lot of time trying to catch tiny guppy fish out of the lake with our hands and a paper cup. We had no luck. They were just too small and too fast.
Thanks for the fun weekend MOM and DAD!

3 comments:

Amberlee said...

Glad you FINALLY updated ;) Isnt it a beauty that Walmart is so close there?! Chandlers family lives really close to both Palasades and Walmart! :)

Cassie said...

Haha! I totally feel your tent drama. Stupid Walmart. I've finally resorted to ditching tents all together and sleeping in the jeep. Cute pics.

Rory and Katie McDonald said...

Looks like you had fun!